Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break

I dearly love this time of year. The earth comes alive, the flowers begin to bloom and the trees, broken by the ice of winter, start their healing. Here, a little niche is carved into the school year and a week is set aside for families to enjoy the warmer air and have a little time together.

Most of you know that I love to fish. My father instilled this in me. It was about his time of year when he checked me out of school one day and we headed to Tenkiller Lake. Before the day was over we had 91 white bass in the boat! It is a vivid memory that is remembered with a great deal of fondness.

Today we leave for a get-a-way with two boats in tow. It is Spring Break and we are planning to have some fun at the lake. The forecast of rain today will not dampen our spirits as we plan to spend a chunk of the day in the cabin, playing games and, as my son puts it,...just chillin'.

When we return I hope we have had lots of laughs, slept late a day or two and caught some nice fish!! That's the break for us. Tell me what is happening in your world for Spring Break. I hope its a good one.

God Bless Ya!!

Tim

1 comment:

Kendra Estes said...

Thanks for creating memories, such as those you cherish with your dad, with us. We had a great time! I love you!