Monday, March 9, 2009

Singing with Russ

Hey all,

The Russ Taff Concert was wonderful! I have had so many great comments from guests who visited. I just read one who said, "We felt a sweet presence of the Lord in the concert and with the praise band." I was living it up!

Meeting Russ was an extreme pleasure for me since I have followed his music most of my life. Hearing him do some of his old stuff from the Imperials days was extra special.

We hung out together for two days, along with Pastor Scott Jones. He is great to be around. His genuineness is a great change from the prideful stardom many in his ranks possess. He is very humble and understands brokenness.

On Sunday I sang a song with him while he played the guitar. It was a moment I will never forget! Hopefully I can get a picture of it on the blog. What a day, what a great weekend. Our church family honored Trish and I with a nice reception. I am humbled to be pastor of such great people.

Thank you all for allowing Trish and I such a blessing. We love each one of you.

Tim

4 comments:

Brad Hampton said...

What a great weekend. Russ was awesome, and more of a comedian than I would have expected. I was also really happy to see how much Scott seemed to care about NLT. I know he is as busy as they come but he said/did some really great stuff. His sermon Sunday is one I hope nobody will soon forget. Congrats again and I look forward to the future of NLT.

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of Russ Taft until I started going to NLT but I will tell you his songs hit right to the core of me. Saturday was a special blessing for me as my son chose to go with me to the concert and I could tell God has been working on him. What Russ was saying in between songs really hit home for my son, it was the first time I seen him have tears in his eyes in long time, and to watch him pray that evening was a moment that bless me tremendously. One of my prayers is being answered for my children. What a glorious moment for me. I can't tell you enough how much this church means to me but I can tell you it has changed my life. There is a song by Francesca Battistelli called "I'm letting go" and this song says it all for me. I living for him and he is in control.

Tim Estes said...

Thanks Brad....It was an awesome weekend! It will be remembered as a highlight in my mind! I was blessed to see so many people enjoy Russ and Scott's ministries.

TE

Tim Estes said...

Renae,

Your comments are so encouraging. I celebrate with you concerning your son. God is doing great stuff. Satan still fights but God is greater!! Keep up the great work and know that we hope 20 years from now you will still be serving God at NLT.

Blessings.

Pastor T