Monday, April 20, 2009

Saddest Story

In my job recently I interviewed a party concerning a friend who had died. It was one of the saddest stories I have ever heard. In getting information, I asked several pertinent questions. When I asked about family...this individual had none. His real parents were dead. He had no siblings....no children...only an adopted dad from out of state. When I asked about his faith or a church...not only did he not have one, but I was told he hated churches and preachers. He was paranoid of everyone. A service was not planned because, in the words of the party being interviewed, "Nobody would come anyway." So a direct cremation was ordered.

The more I thought about this, the more I saw what a thief Satan is. He had virtually stolen everything valuable and meaningful to life from this man. It appeared to me that he had also stolen any joy, hope or victory over death.

Friend...life is a precious gift. Live it fully and do not let anything steal it from you. You can only live life with the hope of God living within your heart. Make Jesus Lord of your life. Turn from sin and begin to live. You will find hope, joy, friends and life eternal. That is what it is all about. Life really is too short to live miserable. Live it with Jesus!!

Have a blessed day in Him.

Tim

2 comments:

Kent A. Morris said...

That is a sad story!! And works to remind me how thankful we should be for our family and friends. I try every day to thank God for my family, friends, church, and job . Yes I even thank God that I not only have a job to go to everyday that provides financial security for me and my family but that I have a job that I can enjoy . I belive that what ever we are doing that we should do it to the glory of God !! That the people that we work with should know that I am a Christian even if I never tell them !! It should not matter if you are a banker, secretary, truck driver, farmer, or stocking shelves at the local grocery you should do your job to the best of your ability and with a positive attitude !! The positive attitude part will go long way towards building friendships that will last ! Thank you Tim for telling us this story and I hope that we all will use it as a reminder to be thankful for our family, friends, and even our jobs!!

Tricia Estes said...

I agree Tim. Life is too short. In just a few days my dad would have only been 69 and already he has been gone for over 5 years. Satan has mastered tricking us into looking into the past or reaching into the future, and all the while missing the present moment with loved ones. I saw Steven Curtis Chapman on the Dove Awards the other night singing his hit song, "I Danced with Cinderella" that he had written about the little girl they tragically lost last year. I was somewhat saddened because the entire moment was wrapped up in the girl he lost and I wondered about his other two "Cinderellas" he had at home. Will he live in the past with the memory of the one who has gone and miss the dancing moments with the ones he still has? I hope not. I hope it only brings him closer to the two little ones he can still dance with.