Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Crucifixion Precedes Easter

The story of Easter is so thrilling. To think our Lord Jesus came back from the grip of death to proclaim eternal life forever more!
Before we celebrate Easter, we must look death in the face. Not just any death either. The death of Jesus was perhaps the most gruesome death know to man.

Crucifixion was a death by torture. Being stretched out on a rugged tree and nailed to it by your hands and feet is heinous at least. Such was the death of my Saviour. It was not the nails that killed our Lord, but He was asphixiated. He had to lift Himself on his feet to be able to breath. When He hung by His hands, the weight of His body would not allow Him to inhale. Slowly the carbon dioxide builds up in the blood stream.

At last a soldier came by and punctured the fluid sac that surrounds the heart. The Bible records that from that wound came forth blood and water. Such was the price of my salvation. The Lamb of God became the perfect remedy for sin. What a horrible death the Son of God submitted to in order to purchase those who would come to Him through faith.

Jesus, I thank you for your death. It was the ultimate ingredient for my salvation. Before their can be a resurrection, we must first go by the cross and remember the death of our Lord. Take some time to think about it, and to thank God for the plan of salvation. Jesus was willing to endure such hardship because He loves you so much. His blood took away all our sins!

God bless,

Tim

1 comment:

Kendra Estes said...

I am reminded of an Easter several years ago in the "old church" when I was in child evangelism. Bro. Stanley did a mini-skit in which he had set up the cross and an empty tomb. Even at a young age it moved me and apparently enough for me to remember it now. The cross is universal. It touches the young, the old, the sinner, the saved, boy and girl, people of all nations. I'm so thankful for the life he gave so that I might have life with him!