Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Great Weekend Despite the Rain

Easter Sunday was really special. I was afraid it would be a downer because of all the rain. It rained like crazy all morning and basically all day. Despite the weather, so many people turned out to worship the Lord and to celebrate the resurrection.

It was so gratifying to see the church filled with people from all walks of life. There were so many guests there. I truly hope they will return again and again after getting a taste of such inspirational worship. I heard a lot of positive remarks from many people.
They were impressed by the worship, the children's program and the kindness of the people. I can't say much for the preaching...ha!

Anyway, God is soooo good! I thank Him for the progress and the destiny of NLT. 375 people may not be the largest crowd in town...yet. But it is well on its way!! We are witnessing a miracle week after week as new people are coming and being blessed by a church full of genuine people, free from religious baggage and wanting only a relationship with the Lord. All the credit and praise belongs to God for His Grace to us all.

Let me know your thoughts on Sunday's service.

Pastor T

6 comments:

Brandon Ray said...

Hey Bro. Tim< Im glad it went great. I was with my parents,service was for kids but it was good.Hopefully they will go with me next year.Well you have a great day and God bless.

Josh Napier said...

sunday was unbelievable. I know a few people that were there, that haven't been to church in almost 10 years. One, a man, had to leave right after service because he was crying and couldn't talk to anybody. Only to find out that was all because of how blown away he was the presence of God. And the other, a woman, who asked about some of the other ministries throughout the week we have so that she could get away from some not so possitive things.
I saw a man who just losted his wife, after 50+ years praise God like nothing had ever happened. I was so proud of the Junior High kids, and the skit. The message was phenominal, worship is always special. I cannot say enough about Easter Sunday. Praise be to the Lord, and thanks to everyone who did a part in putting that together.

Kent A. Morris said...

It was an awesome day !!! The crowd was amazing !! God continues to bless NLT in ways we never dreamed of ! That is the first time in my 4 years of attendance we have had to put out extra chairs to accomidate the number of people for a sunday service !! It was a great day. Trish , the praise team and Tim delivered the goods!! It was a special day for my family and I hope the other there were blessed as well !!

Jaran said...

Sunday’s service was great. There is just something about the resurrection of Jesus Christ, VERY POWERFUL. And sometimes I believe that kids are the best of all actors, Magnificent Performance. I very grateful that I was able to attend it was a blessing.

Kendra Estes said...

God never ceases to amaze me! Services like this past Sunday are what all of the hard-work, prayer, and behind the scenes projects are all about! It's easy to forget that the simple message of the cross and grace is what saved our souls. We like to make it complicated when the cross is still ALL that matters! 1 Corinthians 2:2 says, "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified!"
I know that as God sees us teaching and nurturing the 375 we have right now, he will continue to bless our church in ways that we CANNOT imagaine! And don't be surprised if it's not too far away! I'm blessed to be a part of this awesome church and growing ministry!

Tim Estes said...

All,

Thanks for the nice comments. All praise to the Lord above for His goodness to us. Let's continue to pray for NLT and the revival that is taking place. I am glad each one of you are part of it.

Tim