Thursday, March 13, 2008

Drudgery II

Hey we finally got a little feed back!  Thanks y'all!  The blog interaction will grow once the word travels.  Since we received some hits, lets take the subject a little further.  

Drudgery and tough times is a fact of life.  I think it is important to discover how we cope with those 'less than exciting' moments of life.  Some people hide it and 'act' like everything is ok. Some try to capitalize on their sorrows by making everyone else join in their pity party.  Some seek to drown their disappointments in drugs, drinks, work, pleasure, etc.  Others attempt to ignore it and hope it will go away before their facade does.  I'm sure all of these cases represent what we should not do.

That being true...how should we react to disappointment, failure, setbacks, unfulfilling work, depressive situations etc?  Let me know how you normally react and how you should react. We can all learn from this...so be honest!  

I will go first and tell you that I often bury myself in work!  That is not the right response...but I am being honest here.  I know that I should step back and attempt to learn from the moment.  God is helping me with all that.  (Confession is good for the soul they say!)  Your turn now!

As Christians we should always return to our foundation of faith.  Faith is trusting that which we can't always immediately confirm in the natural.  Sometimes the distance between what we know in faith...and what we receive by faith is that critical and valuable time of testing.   I am anxious to hear from you.

Have a great day!

TE


No comments: