Sunday, August 16, 2009

Created a Great Memory

I preach about making memories. Admittedly this is easier said than done. I realize that I must be the first partaker of what I preach and sometimes that is easier said than done. However, this week I hit the nail on the head and I want to share it with you.

My parents have been through a lot of adversity. They have been the truest of family and friends as they have also stood with me through adversity of my own. My dad has gone through 10...yes ten, back surgeries. He almost died last year. During that time I told dad that one dad we'd go fishing again just like we did when I was a boy. My mother is about to undergo her second back surgery. (what is it with these ailing backs?) She is a true Christian and loves the Lord completely. She also loves to fish.

So, one evening last week I arranged to take my parents fishing. They secured their fishing license while I got the boat ready. We went over to Beaver lake and spent the evening fishing, trolling for white bass. We had such a good time and even hooked up with about 7 or 8 fish in two hours. Afterward, Trish and I took them out to eat. It was a wonderful evening that my folks are still commenting about.

Let me encourage you to do a little extra to make the memories that will last a lifetime. We created a great memory and I hope you will do the same.

God bless you and your family,

Tim

No comments: