Monday, January 19, 2009

New President

Only four years ago I stood in DC to witness President George Bush's second taking of the oath of office. It was a bitterly cold day and it will remain forever in my mind. I was in awe as I stood among the many monuments and granite landmarks that so ably identify the patriotism of America. I love America. Much has happened in this great land, changing it to a position much the less in unity than it was when I was born, or more distinctly, a century ago.

We have been blessed in this nation. It is my opinion that the blessings have followed a people who have followed righteous principles. Our founders had deep convictions and a respect for God that was more than superficial. Over time those principles have turned from black and white to gray, and with it, there is a price to be paid. That brings me to the inauguration of our 43rd president, Barak Obama.

First let me say that I am obligated scripturally to support as far as I can, and to especially pray for my leaders. This I will do. Barak Obama is my president just like he is yours. It does not matter at all to me the color of his skin. In fact, it is a good thing that we have leadership of an American negro. It causes more dividing walls to fall. We owe a debt of support as Americans regardless of the color of one's skin. He is the leader of our fighting forces and is one of the most powerful men on earth. Yet, with all this I am worried about whether the favor of God will follow him.

President Obama supports abortion. Abortion is not just a catchy word, it defines the murder of unborn innocent children. This sin goes beyond preference as related to politics. God is taking notice. Further, we have a president who supports homosexuality. He is having an openly gay bishop pray at the ceremonies as one of the clergy. Let me tell you God has not changed His mind about this abominable sin that is widely being accepted as an alternative lifestyle. This is why I said we are now the lesser nation.

What is more, I have real questions as to Barak Obama's sincere support of Israel. This too is not a trite matter. Those who support Israel will be blessed and those who oppose them will find themselves in serious trouble. Our nation needs God. We need a George Washington to fall on his knees in the snow (reference to picture) and call out to God for help. I hope Mr. Obama will take a hard stand against the Muslim influence that not only controls the oil (and thus our economy), but also wishes for the demise of Western Civilization as we know it. These threats are real. We did not have a repeat of 9-11 because we had a president who was willing to take the fight to their shores. Anything less will invite trouble...trouble on a scale larger than any of us may be able to believe.

As we receive our new president, I hope you will join me in praying for he and his family. Ask God to bring righteous principles to his mind and righteous men to his side. I pray the next four years will find us stronger, more unified, less afraid to bow to the screaming liberal minds and more ready to accept God's ways.

This land is your land...this land is my land. Let's take responsibility and help undergird the foundations set by Godly men.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: