Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Wind at My Back

I've never sailed on the ocean in a sailboat, but I would surely like to. Although I've not sailed, I know that there is way of sailing into the wind, a process known as 'tacking'. It is a technique whereby the boat uses the head wind to quarter right and then left whilst gaining ground slightly. I can relate to that. Sometimes life requires us to sail into the wind. It can be done with lots of effort and fortitude.

it is an entirely different and wonderful matter when the wind blows directly at ones back. The sailing is smooth and the pace is swift across the 'pond'. All the captain need do is set a course then rare back and enjoy the ride! It must be sheer bliss to ride with such favor.

The children of Israel knew the blessing of God in unprecedented fashion. God caused their clothes to be such that they did not wear out. God gave them food and water in miraculous fashion. Their enemies were already defeated before they arrived at their fortified positions. The wind was at their backs!

Today was such a day for me. Our church has recently voted to do a serious re-model project that will further enhance our ability to minister. So exciting! Today was a 'snow day' at church. A lot of people were not there because of the weather. Yet we had an amazing group of people there. First time guests were in the Guest Center and God was in the house. We had 17 wonderful people in our 1st Discovery Dinner (New Members Class) of the year. Two different miracles have happened this week with regard to people being sent to help with our remodel project. God sent them right on time. This evening after church I have met up with three people (and families) that are being 'drawn' and are showing interest in New LIfe! Just amazing! I call it favor. Whatever it is...it feels like the wind at my back! I have to tell you....it is a great feeling! I know there will be more days of 'tacking' ahead. But for now, I'm just gonna enjoy what God is doing. Ahhhhhhhhh! Thank you Lord!

No comments: