Friday, June 12, 2009

The Junk in My Trunk

Lifting the hatch on my Jeep is an experience in itself. Oh, not the lifting....as much as what you find when you lift it. In my trunk is a veritable smorgasbord of all the things I have been involved with in the last month or two. You'll find a planter or two, softball gloves, clothes a kid left from the fishing trip, some tools, a bag of feed and the list goes on and on.

It seems that the junk in my trunk is really a mirror of me. As much as it looks jumbled and unorganized, I know where things are and what they are for. Now, I thought long and hard about that trunk. It would only take a little time to totally empty it out, vacuum it and get it spic and span. I don't blame folks that keep theirs in that manner, but I'll go out on a limb here and say that those who have those perfect trunks, or pickup beds are usually really boring people.

If you are busy, interesting, involved, getting something done....you get the picture...well, there is a really good chance your trunk is going to show remnants of all you've been doing of late. To balance these statements, I am not suggesting that you let your trunk get so piled up that you have to sit on it to close it. Nor do I want your life endangered by man-made avalanche. But, take an inventory of your trunk and see what's inside. It will say much about the person you are.

Tell me what's in 'your' trunk!!

Tim

1 comment:

Kendra Estes said...

The title of this one cracks me up! Sounds like an excuse for your messy trunk. ; ) But I see your point. Sometimes the junk of our lives is really just a collage of who we are. One man's junk is another man's treasure!