Friday, October 3, 2008

Dad's Progress (Part 1)


Today is a day of celebration. We see more improvement. It is hard to believe how ill dad was less than 48 hours ago. Today he is gaining ground. The doctor who gave me the bad news yesterday said today, "This just goes to show what prayer can do." Dad is starting to come around and be more alert. He asked me where he is today. I tried to briefly describe the gravity of all he has been through and you could tell he was amazed and had no idea. Not being able to speak he lifted one hand in thanksgiving while tears filled his eyes. God has been so good to us.

We still need your prayers. Dad has some damage to his kidneys which they believe will repair itself. Also, they are delaying doing the dialysis, thinking things may correct themselves with regard to toxins in the blood. Now we have to get dad's back healed up. This will be a process, but we expect it to be helped with favor from God.

Thanks to all who have called and cared. You are special to dad, to us and to God.

Have a great day.

Tim

1 comment:

Brad Hampton said...

I am so blessed to hear the good news getting better and better. Tell your dad I love him and pray for him throughout the day. I need him back here healthy so he can call me out for a wedding or whatever else God puts on his heart :)